Wayanad is a hill range filled with huge plantations, forest, and wildlife. This is a green heaven in Kerala snuggled amidst the mountains of Western Ghats. The climate in Wayanad is favorable almost the year. The cool misty environments make trekking and jungle safari fun.
There are shreds of evidence for the ancient life in this place in the caves of Ambukuthi Mala. For religious people, in Pulpally there is the only Lava-Kusha temple in Kerala, and in Vythiri there is the only mirror temple in Kerala. This place has the largest tribal population in the state with 8 scheduled tribes.
Calicut International Airport
3 Hours Before Flight Time
Wayanad has a vast range of freely moving wildlife as the mountains extend to Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu and Bandipur in Karnataka. This greener part of Kerala has an enticing beauty with mist covered mountains, meadows, valleys, lakes and forests.
This four-day package includes exploring the whole and soul of Wayanad. Here you can enjoy the enchanting nature as well as have a lot of fun activities. Wayanad is famous for a number of trekking and camping trails, wildlife tour, bird watching, caves, and other historic and stunning places. Wayanad also has the second largest and amazing waterfall in Kerala which is the Meenmutty falls.
Arrive at Kozhikode(Calicut) international airport or railway station. Our representative will drive you to the most adventurous romantic hill station of Kerala. On the way, you can see Thusharagiri waterfalls, the famous Thamarassery Ghat, and many more charming places. Later you can proceed to Vythiri and check in to the hotel for overnight stay.
After breakfast, our driver will take you to the rolling hills around WAYANAD. This is south India’s most adventurous and refreshing place blanketed with luxurious forest which gives you new magical experiences.
WAYANAD’S enticing sightseeing destinations are Banasura Dam, Edakkal Caves, Soochipara falls, Kuruva islands, and Chembra peak.
• Banasura is the biggest earth Dam in India with a wonderful view of river Banasura and evergreen vegetation
• The Edakkal caves on the top of Ambukkuthimala have many pictures, letters, and symbol carvings of the Stone Age. You have to trek and climb the hill to reach this cave with a view of three states.
• Soochipara Falls or the Sentinel Rock Waterfalls is a three-layered waterfall in Vellarimala, Wayanad. The waterfall is enclosed by Deciduous, Evergreen, and Montane forests. This fall is one of the major spots in Wayanad as a typical natural fall where you can take bath and enjoy a lot.
Later drive back to hotel/resort for overnight stay.
After breakfast, you can go for WAYANAD sightseeing which includes the remaining attractions like,
• Chembra Peak- There are a number of peaks in Wayanad where you can go for trekking. Being the highest one among them, Chembra Peak is the most loved trekking trail.
• The Kuruva islands contain three isolated densely wild islands and a few submersible colony islands. All of these covers an area of 950 acres in the middle of the Kabini River with abandoned islands.
Apart from these major attractions, there are a lot more alluring places like Pookode Lake, Neelimala, Wildlife sanctuary, etc. Cover maximum destinations as possible with the day and enjoy the alluring Wayanad to its maximum. Later you can go back to your hotel/ resort for the overnight stay. Then later at night, drive back to hotel/resort for overnight stay.
After breakfast, you can proceed to Calicut for return. On the way back, you can visit attractive sightseeing points like Lakkadi, the Ghats in Wayanad, water bodies, etc. And later spent time in the Kozhikode beach. Our cab driver will drop you on Calicut airport /railway station according to your flight/train timings.